UBS Financial Services Cash Equity Trading Specialist – Senior Software Engineer (C++) in Chicago, Illinois
Are you passionate about Equity Trading System Technology? Are you able to use your skills to lead a development team, to architect and develop a UBS retail equities and institutional trading platform? We are looking for someone like that to:
spend 90% of their time performing direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, and reviewing work products
Define technical plans and identify solutions for highly complex business and technical situations
Work with limited supervision and to be subject to infrequent reviews to ensure soundness and judgment
Be able to address all issues related to the development and maintenance of the trading system, to lead a small group of developers in problem solving, design, architecture and implementation of new features and enhancements for the trading system, as well as troubleshooting of production problems as they arise
Analyze business strategies and objectives. Translate technical plans into appropriate work-size tasks and to delegate work accordingly
Interact with vendor technical staff and vendor’s management level to get assistance in technical problem resolution
Build new features and complex trading algorithms into existing Execution System
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working as a part of the Cash Equities Retail Market Making Trading IT team, based in New York.
We develop IT solutions for Cash Equities Trading and all its stakeholders that enables our business to grow and ensures it is remaining compliant with the regulations. The development team is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment. As a result, the candidate will need to be highly committed, and be able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.
Your experience and skills:
– Expert level of C++/Linux knowledge with 10+ years of previous experience
– Knowledge of C++11 and 14 standards, Boost libraries, design, profiling, performance tuning
– Expert level in utilizing Object Oriented analysis techniques via patterns
– In-depth expertise with inter-process communications using sockets or similar technologies
– 10-12 years of demonstrated ability in technology area and full understanding of related methods and processes
– Extensive development expertise in high-performance, low-latency, multi-threaded programming to implement fault tolerant distributed systems
– Must be able to explain concepts and ideas clearly and concisely to both business and development personnel
– Experience with commonly used RDBMS engines (Sybase, Oracle, etc.)
– Working knowledge of the FIX protocol and practical issues surrounding its use
– Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
– Experience with the project life-cycle, including capturing requirements, code-reviewing and unit testing
– Strong communication and team building skills
– Expertise in Securities industry, knowledge of SEC trading rules and regulations
– An efficient communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to various levels of technical and non-technical management
– Proactive and creative multi-tasker
– Familiar with good software engineering practices
– Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– Passionate about what you do. You value excellence, learning and integrity
– Practical experience in Cash Equities IT
– Knowledge of financial products in Cash Equities
– Direct experience in designing and developing order management or trading systems is a big plus
– Basic knowledge of ACT and OATS reporting systems
– Java development experience
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168243BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Cash Equity Trading Specialist – Senior Software Engineer (C++)
City: Chicago, New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Illinois, United States - New York
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)