UBS Financial Services Systems Analyst, Global Trading and Portfolio Implementation in Chicago, Switzerland
Do you have a passion for trading? Do you like to deal with many stakeholders and help moving things forward? UBS Asset Management and O'Connor's trading platforms support all trading for the firm across the investible universe of publicly traded securities and instruments. The systems Analyst will take an active role in the support, design, configuration and development of our trading applications. The role will be imbedded on the trading and portfolio implementation desks, but will require active interaction with the technology teams, portfolio managers, back office, compliance, regulatory change and with the brokerage community. The role will require excellent teamwork and a high level of communication skills. This role will also play an integral part within the large scale transformation change program currently going on for UBS Asset Management.
• Understand and document all the trading and portfolio implementation business requirements, and design solutions that are fit for purpose and within the long-term strategic vision of trading.
• Understand the diverse needs of all stakeholders including portfolio management, trading strategy and analytics, back office, brokers, and compliance.
• Take ownership of solutions delivery from start to finish.
• Collaborate with software developers, vendors, and core IT teams to deliver functionality to the trading and portfolio implementation teams focused on enhanced User Interfaces, straight through processing, and order flow automation.
• Ensure the trading platforms are production ready at all times, and track the progress of issue resolution.
• Coordinate the needs of the global teams into a single priority queue ensuring the proper business value with a focus on moving towards the long-term vision.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS Asset Management/O'Connor is a large scale investment manager with a presence in 23 countries. We offer investment capabilities and investment styles across all major traditional and alternative asset classes including: passive, fundamental active, hedge fund (levered long/short), global- macro, asset allocation and various others. We have over 900 investment professionals worldwide and manage over CHF 775 billion in assets.
Your experience and skills:
• 5+ years of systems or technical analysis on a trading or portfolio implementation desk (buy or sell side)
• In depth knowledge of at least one major asset class: equities, fixed income, derivatives or FX.
• Experience with Longview, Eze Castle, Flextrade and/or Simcorp Dimension is a plus
• Experience with market vendor platforms like Bloomberg, Market Axess, Tradeweb, FX ALL, Liquidnet, and Algomi.
• Ability to work with teams in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
• Attention to detail and experience with forecasting and budget management
• comfortable navigating between the technical and business areas of asset management. Be able to translate business needs into technical solutions while working to achieve the long-term vision for trading.
• Hands-on solution driven attitude, with ability to provide tactical solutions and deliver strategic capability for various needs
• Stress-resilient and able to lead people and projects
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173154BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Systems Analyst, Global Trading and Portfolio Implementation
City: Chicago, Zürich
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich, United States - Illinois
Function Category: Equities, Information Technology (IT), Trading