UBS Financial Services Financial Crimes Attorney in Any, United States
Are you interested in working as part of a regional team and provide legal advice and counsel for Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) issues in the US and Canada for an international bank in the US? If you are, then we are looking for a motivated lawyer like you to:
• Provide ongoing legal advice and counsel to the firm's Financial Crimes Compliance (\"FCC\") team and to legal, compliance and business management including advising on
o requests/findings from regulators and remediations
o regulatory developments
o content of policies/procedures
o day-to-day counseling to FCC management and advising on AML, ABC and Sanctions, representation and warranties in contracts and comfort letters.
• advise our senior management on regulatory matters involving FCC
• assist and coordinate on external reporting to auditors and major regulators, as well as other regular reports and responses to ad hoc requests for information relating to FCC
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be joining the Americas Region Regulatory Investigations team, a group of experienced lawyers and paralegals responsible for handling regulatory and criminal matters for the bank in the US. You would be based in Weehawken, New Jersey, reporting to the Americas Head of Regulatory Investigations.
Your experience and skills:
• minimum of 10 years' experience as an attorney, with a very strong emphasis on anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and sanctions, regulatory and enforcement proceedings, at a nationally known law firm or in-house in the financial services industry
• superior analytical ability and excellent oral and written communication skills
• experience working with senior leadership on sensitive matters
• excellent organizational skills and a mastery of deadlines
• great team spirit and a willingness to collaborate on projects with business management and other legal teams and functions across the bank
• independent, proactive and energetic, with a solution-oriented mentality
• skilled in working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and with databases
• able to keep your cool, and more importantly, a sense of humor, in pressure-filled situations
• excited to tackle new challenges
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 171968BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Crimes Attorney
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States
Function Category: Legal