UBS Financial Services Senior Java Software Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you motivated to deliver comprehensive technology solutions to complex business challenges? Do you want to play a vital part in the design and development of our current and future e-banking solutions that support the company’s business needs in banking? Are you ready to take responsibility for the strategic solution development of the future in banking? Would you like to be a part of an inspiring team focussed on successful deliveries? We're looking for someone like you to:
– Translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into designs and code
– Work with stakeholders drawn from IT and the Business, subject matter experts, vendor teams, enterprise architects and business analysts to develop your code related to our e-banking solutions
– Drive excellence in: software analysis, design & coding, development methodologies, oral/written communication skills, technology planning, application rationalization analysis
– Challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas and solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working within WMPC IT Development in Zurich. We plan and lead IT projects for an area called Channels & Workbenches and create solutions which are directly client facing. That is the area, where we build our applications for e-banking and client advisor workbench. It’s a very demanding, fast paced and exciting environment.
Your experience and skills:
– comprehensive knowledge in Software Engineering with Java EE, Java 7+, Spring (knowing modules like core, web and security at least), Hibernate/JPA
– good understanding of REST and SOAP Web Services
– familiarity with JSON format and REST related architectures like HATEOAS/HAL
– good understanding of tools (e.g. Git/GitHub, Maven/Jenkins,...)
– a graduate degree in IT Software Engineering
– a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
– experience in a global environment
– a positive attitude and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in banking
– a strong senior Java developer
– a strong problem solver and a good team player
– analytical skilled person who manages to cope with complex challenges in software engineering
– a verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues in English and German
– a self-reliant person and motivated to overcome any obstacle
– willing to go the extra mile
– reliable partner who's known for delivering in time
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156291BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)