UBS Financial Services Quantitative Specialist for Operational Risk and Monitoring Models in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you passionate about data analytics? Do you enjoy understanding models and their background? Are you organized with an eye for detail?
To implement best practices of model risk management, UBS is expanding its team of subject matter experts tasked with the independent validation of analytical tools. We’re looking for someone who can
• Carry out and document independent tool validation in line with regulatory requirements, the UBS model governance policy and its supplementary documents;
• Assess the conceptual soundness and appropriateness of different models , covering both qualitative and quantitative aspects as well as the broader context within which those tools operate;
• perform related outcome, impact and benchmark analyses;
• Interact and discuss with tool users, developers, senior owners and governance bodies.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The team is part of the Model Risk Management & Control function within the Group Chief Risk Officer organization. We work closely with teams in risk methodology and the compliance and operational risk control functions. We focus on models which determine the operational risk capital of the bank and its different entities around the globe as well as alert generating models used to monitor risks like money laundering, rogue trading or market manipulations. These models are built in-house or are bought from vendors and tailored for UBS's needs. Their complexity ranges from simple rules based approaches up to sophisticated statistical and machine learning based methods.
Your experience and skills:
Being successful in this role requires a good mix of expertise in statistics, information technology and specialist knowledge in operational risks and monitoring of compliance. Ideally, you have skills and experience in these areas but an eagerness to further develop your existing expertise is more important. More specifically, we are looking for you if you have:
• A MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative field (for example mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, economics) or in information technology;
• Experience in model development or validation of statistical/mathematical models.
• Familiarity with the global financial industry and its compliance and operational risks;
• Expertise in data assembling and analysis, computational statistics, anomaly detection or machine learning including relevant programming skills, for example R, Python, Java, C++, SQL, Spark;
and if you are:
• A critical thinker;
• Fluent in English, oral and written;
• Communicative and able to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively;
• Co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157944BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Specialist for Operational Risk and Monitoring Models
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Quantitative Analysis, Risk