UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you motivated to deliver excellent technology solutions for complex business challenges? Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our solutions that support mobile banking? Are you ready to take responsibility for the strategic architecture of tomorrow's banking solutions? Would you like to be part of an inspiring team focussed on successful deliveries? We're looking for someone like you to:
– work with stakeholders from IT, business and vendor teams to develop architecture for mobile projects
– take care of our custom application development environment, integrate business partner systems, select vendor software, deploy and customize
– translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into technical architectural design
– show excellence in: project leadership, software design & analysis, development methodologies, oral/written communication & presentation skills, technology planning, requirements analysis, application rationalization analysis, and total cost analysis
– challenge the status quo and come up with new ideas and solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working within the WMPC IT application development team in Zurich. We plan and lead IT projects for Channels & Workbenches and create solutions which are directly client facing. This is the area where we build our award winning applications, for example, e-banking and mobile banking. It’s a very demanding, fast paced and exciting environment.
Your experience and skills:
– comprehensive knowledge in software engineering with Java, Spring, Hibernate and Tomcat/Apache
– experience in SQL and Oracle
– fundamental experience in the architecture of large, integrated enterprise-level projects with multiple integration points and associated stakeholder groups
– deep understanding of software development tools
– a degree in software engineering
– a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
– experience in a global environment
– a positive attitude and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in banking
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156023BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)