UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you interested in IT technology? Do you like to create applications which interact with mainframe operating system services? We're looking for someone like this, in order to:
• Maintain and enhance existing COBOL/C/C++ code based framework components
• Work with clients to support, resolve issues and validate requirements within their specific areas of responsibility
• Test and integrate changed and new code
• Enhance existing regression test suite
• Conduct quality assurance activities such as nightly build and test cases
• Research/propose opportunities for improvements exploiting new offerings of the operating systems platform
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
In this role you are part of a high-performing team of technical COBOL and JAVA programmers in Switzerland. The team is committed to quality providing software development and maintenance of complex, vital core banking infrastructure middleware components.
Your experience and skills:
• experience in analysis, design, programming, testing, quality assurance and software process improvement
• knowledge in CICS, MQ, VSAM, DB2, JCL
• senior programming familiarity in C, C+• a deep understanding in compile and bind using UNIX (USS) Shell und Make
• practice with Mainframe tools like TSO/ISPF
• know-how in testing utilities such as Jenkins or SOAP UI
• strong written and oral communication skills; ability to make presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
• knowledge of basic concepts like SOA (service oriented architecture), XML
• experience in Microsoft Office applications
• English language skills, both in speaking and writing (German not mandatory but welcome)
• a team player
• a great communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels
• known for meeting deadlines and staying within budget
• working focused, increasing your knowledge by means of autonomous learning
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154028BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)