UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you a versatile IT Professional with a strong focus on software development in an international environment? We're looking for someone like this, in order to:
• Maintain and enhance an existing suite of both in-house and vendor Unix applications, as well as Java Struts Frontends
• Help support our current set of Solaris Unix Servers from an application point of view, working closely with system admins to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
• Maintain and extend a large scale Oracle Database
• Help with the planning and modernization of solutions designed to replace the current legacy
• Work closely with other people in our organization, our partners and clients to deliver customized monitoring and logging solutions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
In this role you are a member of a small team within a larger engineering pool. This team is focused on Monitoring and Logging tools and in addition maintains GUI Frontends for Mainframe applications.
Your experience and skills
Your experience and skills:
• proven Java programming skills - Spring and Struts knowledge preferable
• Unix/Linux shell and Perl scripting skills
• PL/SQL skills and some experience working with relational databases
• knowledge of Eclipse, Maven and Jenkins is preferable
• Skills in problem analysis and resolution, resourcefulness for finding solutions
• strong written and oral communication skills
• ability to document processes, procedures and problems
• knowledge of basic concepts like SOA (service oriented architecture), XML, software packaging
• experience in Microsoft Office applications
• English language skills, both spoken and written (German not mandatory but welcomed)
• a team player adaptable to a complex enterprise IT landscape
• effective communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels
• known for meeting deadlines, staying within budget and complying with company standards
• working focused, increasing your knowledge by means of autonomous learning
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 155043BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)