UBS Financial Services FinfraG Compliance Surveillance Officer in Zürich, Switzerland
Job Reference #:
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? Do you have an interest in regulations?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• investigate key regulatory requirements by engaging with relevant stakeholders to identify the appropriate framework of controls to mitigate any risk to the bank
• once controls have been implemented, to be responsible for overseeing/conducting the monitoring of these controls and the escalation of any issues to management and appropriate stakeholders
• provide education and training to other Risk and Compliance officers where required
• collaborate with internal stakeholders and competence centers to further and continuously develop the monitoring programme
FinfraG Compliance Surveillance Officer
Country / State:
Switzerland - Zürich
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Monitoring, Surveillance & Controls team in the Compliance and Operational Risk and Control function. We are mandated to independently identify, assess, mitigate and manage compliance risks in the area of Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Client, suitability, cross-border, fiscal topics, market conduct and communications monitoring and to evaluate the appropriateness of procedures and guidelines to mitigate such risks on a pro-active basis. As a FinfraG compliance surveillance officer, you will be responsible for the identification, building and oversight of controls to mitigate relevant risk to the bank.
Your experience and skills:
• a degree (Bachelor or Master) in Economics, Audit, Finance or Legal
• an understanding of the regulatory environment (any previous experience of FinfraG is extremely desirable)
• 2- 3 years relevant experience in a front office role, middle or back office support with working understanding of business areas, systems and financial products;
• the ability to work independently as well as with a team;
• exhibit sound judgment, discretion and tenacity together with strong investigative and analytical skills
• proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong ability and desire to learn about new tools
• openly supportive, encouraging and involving of others in building team spirit
• excellent written and spoken in German & English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?