UBS Financial Services WMA - FA Platform Java Lead for Server-side Development in Wroclaw, Poland
We are looking for someone to join the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Technology team to focus on a new multi-year technology initiative to revamp and enhance our Field Technology platform and to enhance existing applications within Field Technology platform. It is a development Tech Lead role that will entail working with teams in US and Hungary, and other partner teams in multiple geographic locations around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications.
• Designing/Coding, conducting code reviews, and testing software as needed along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC.
• Providing technical, troubleshooting, and design guidance to other team members.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Field Technology. We are part of the Wealth Management Americas IT organization; we are responsible for providing the core applications used by the Financial Advisors, branch support staff, and the home office team. We are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of these applications.
Your experience and skills:
• 10+ years of solid experience in building robust and scalable enterprise applications
• Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming (Modern Java, Spring Core, Spring Boot, REST/SOAP, myBatis/JDBC, Redis or a similar distributed Java caching framework)
• Experience in databases (preferably Oracle)
• Experience in Agile software development methodology
• Experience in TDD alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing etc
• Experience in web application security, authentication methodologies, and SSO technologies
• Understanding of code versioning tools (Git, SVN) and Release Management process
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams that fall across time zones
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157310BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: WMA - FA Platform Java Lead for Server-side Development
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)