UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable core Java systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the software development life cycle (SDLC)
– build automated test scenarios to ensure the changes are fully tested, including testing of integration with other systems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before deployment to production
– collaborate with other global IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working with the Topcat team in Wroclaw, Poland. This team implements changes to the Topcat suite of applications, and works closely with Operations, Compliance and Front-office business teams, as well as global IT and Production Services teams.
Your experience and skills:
– knowledge of the clearing and settlement functions for cash equities and listed options trade flows
– large-scale enterprise experience
– experience in implementing scalable and performant solutions using Java, database, and shell scripts
– experience in the agile software development methodology
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– knowledge of distributed computing and low-latency, multithreaded solutions
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to work on and improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 145084BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)