UBS Financial Services IT Support Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
Job Reference #:
Are you an experienced IT engineer that is looking for the opportunity to control the future direction of one of UBS strategic technology platforms? Do you have the ability to define technical strategy whilst at the same time ensuring that customer demand is met to exemplary standards?
• Manage incoming requirements for the existing platform, ensuring successful deliveries
• Manage projects related to this activity
• Remain aware of competing solutions within the market place
• Help to deliver technical solutions in particular integration into the UBS environment
IT Support Engineer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The UBS Software Deployment Engineering team is responsible for the engineering of various technologies that are used by the Technology Services division to provide services to the UBS corporation. Our goal is to provide cutting edge service platforms based on best in class technologies. We are a global team, with resources currently located in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Your experience and skills:
• Minimum 3 years' experience with Software Deployment tools (IBM UrbanCode, IBM Bigfix, ASDIS)
• Excellent scripting skills for perl and shell
• Experience in building packages for Linux, AIX and Solaris
• Ability to write technical/design documents
• Ability to work as part of a global team
• Any Windows experience producing MSI packages would be a plus
• Any experience with Java/J2EE technology would be an advantage
• You are a self-motivated team player that is able to manage conflicting requirements from multiple stakeholders
• You have at least three years' demonstrable experience being a part of complex IT projects
• You are able to quickly learn the relevant amount of new IT technology platforms to deliver against stated objectives
• You are fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?