UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer – Mainframe Developer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable Mainframe applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– With mainframe development and testing efforts addressing level 3 maintenance and support activities
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
– Take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations team in Weehawken, NJ. You'll be an integral part of a global team working with associates located in India, Poland and North Americas. We …
• Own Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations efforts that \"Run the Bank\"
• Are a Technology Function fully dedicated to supporting the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Business and its IT Application Service Lines
• Are a metrics driven organization governed by a set of mature KPIs and Processes
Your experience and skills:
– strong practical experience in working with COBOL, DB2, DB2 Native Store Procedures, CICS, Mainframe Batch
– 8 + years' experience of development, design and integration of mainframe solutions end-to-end
– 3 + years' experience in the financial services industry
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
– Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with our global stakeholders
– Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– Comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
– Expected to work interdependently, collaborate, negotiate
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
– Expected to drive and ensure code quality, UT and SIT testing guidelines and procedures are met
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157069BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer – Mainframe Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)