UBS Financial Services Software Engineer Java Technical Lead in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable distributed Java applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Lead the technical analysis, development and testing efforts for level 3 support activities
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– Partner with experts across a global organization
– Manage and coordinate the efforts of an L3 technical team ensuring compliance requirements and quality processes are continually met
– Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations team in Weehawken, NJ. You'll be an integral part of a global team working with associates located in India, Poland and North Americas. We own Level 3 IT Production Maintenance & Operations efforts that \"Run the Bank\" . We are a Technology Function fully dedicated to supporting the Wealth Management Americas (WMA) Business and its IT Application Service Lines. We are a metrics driven organization governed by a set of mature KPIs and Processes
Your experience and skills:
– 7+ years' hands-on experience providing technical direction for the development, design, maintenance and integration of distributed computing solutions end-to-end in core Java programming with Struts, Spring and Hibernate technologies
– 5 + years' experience in the financial services industry
– Expert knowledge of Core Java programming, Struts, Springs framework; proficient in Caching, JUnit, Jenkins (or any CI tool )
– Solid experience with SQL and connection pooling, exposure to HTML
- Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
– Passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly you are someone that is an effective technical leader who is excellent and can aspire, and inspire others
– A hands on technical lead of developers
– Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
– Confident to take over end to end responsibility for the work delivered by you and your team
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– The technical team go-to person comfortable owning the development lifecycle, responsible for managing technical risks throughout, serving as a liaison between development staff and management
– Expected to work interdependently, collaborate, negotiate
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154428BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineer Java Technical Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)