UBS Financial Services IT Risk and Controls Specialist: Controls Assurance in Weehawken, New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Would you like to become an expert in IT risk management and controls? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? Do you have the know-how for analyzing information and producing reports? We’re looking for someone like that to help us to:
– establish and maintain an effective risk culture
– analyze data, explain trends, peaks and exceptions to identify emerging IT risks and issues
– discover all relevant control related information for our senior management to sign off on the design and control effectiveness of IT controls
– document operational risk items and track issues to completion
– assist with risk assessments and reporting that shed light on our technology risk profile
– deal with regulatory requirements and requests in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner
– support UBS Technology in managing their risks and proactively identify operational risks
– ensure that UBS Technology operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework
– stay up on regulatory requirements and trends
– manage risk items to make sure remediation is sustainable
IT Risk and Controls Specialist: Controls Assurance
Country / State:
United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT), Risk
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in our IT Risk Management & Controls team. We’re a global team responsible for IT risk management, risk remediation, and ensuring IT controls are designed and operating effectively for the UBS Technology organization.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree, ideally in computer science or information technology
– sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau)
– strong analytical skills with a technical background
– excellent problem-solving and communication skills
– experience in IT risk management is a plus
– experience in compliance, risk control or audit is a plus
– an understanding of operational risk management and implementation in practice or have a strong interest to develop expertise in this area
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– a flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– able to surface and address issues, control deficiencies and emerging risks
– able to provide practical solutions to sustainably remediate and minimize risks and control deficiencies
– able to work with tight deadlines
– confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels, in multiple locations
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?