UBS Financial Services Fixed Income Valuation Controller, IMOFC in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you great with numbers? Do you have an analytical mind? We are looking for someone like this to:
– Perform Independent Price Testing for the firm's fixed income exposures across UBS Americas businesses
– Manage a large and diverse team to facilitate the testing within the General ledger close window for the investment bank and wealth management’s legacy assets and strategies under the credit, securitized & rates desk.
– Understand key valuation drivers, develop alternative pricing approaches and review mark to market movements
– Build controls and formulate policies around key valuation issues to enhance a governance framework
– Coordinate valuation issues globally and work with other cross functions like front office, risk control and product control to resolve them
– Engage in new business/transaction review approval, identification of key valuation issues and potential impact on business and traders.
– Supervise, develop and manage performance of direct reports.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be part of the IMOFC Valuations Controlling Service Delivery function in Americas. You will support both IB & WMA businesses, with enhanced focus on securitized products in both the primary and secondary markets. You will facilitate price testing within the general ledger close window and present the results for the Americas region at various senior leadership and business meetings.
Your experience and skills:
– 6+ years of experience in pricing/valuation of fixed-income securities
– Master degree in Finance, Math, Economics, Engineering or an MBA. Bachelor degree in these fields would be considered with very strong relevant experience
– Good understanding of the valuation of securitized products [non agency RMBS, CLO, consumer ABS etc.] and an appreciation of the relationship between market risk exposure, valuation and P&L
– Very strong writing skills that need to be demonstrated
– Willingness and capability to build a solid control environment
– able to multitask and work independently
– an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
– attentive to detail, strong team player and keen to take initiative with solution oriented thinking
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153885BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Fixed Income Valuation Controller, IMOFC
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Finance