UBS Financial Services Credit Officer, Commercial Real Estate Lending in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you someone who enjoys financial analysis in a transaction-oriented environment? Are you motivated to take on responsibility in a decision making role? Are you a solution-oriented individual?
We are looking for someone like this to:
be a Credit Officer responsible for Wealth Management Americas commercial real estate finance transaction risk
be involved in the underwriting, recommendations and the decision making processes
independently analyze credit risks and engage with the front office to ensure transactions are consistent with UBS's underwriting risk appetite
provide senior level challenge to ensure that transactions meet relevant regulatory requirements.
perform fundamental financial and economic analysis for prospective real estate finance transactions
assign risk ratings to all transactions under your responsibility
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The WMA Credit Risk Control team is responsible for independently assessing transaction risks and for constructively challenging all diligence work and financial modeling produced by the front office. The team serves as the firm’s second line of defense and is charged with independently assessing all risks associated with the origination and distribution of public finance transactions. It is directly responsible for assigning risk ratings and for ensuring our analytical standards are in compliance with regulatory expectations.
Your experience and skills:
– a bachelor degree in business administration, finance, economics, or similar, and some level of formal credit training
-5 to 10 years of experience and demonstrated expertise in a similar position or related financial services position
– deep understanding of the risks associated with the commercial real estate finance business including economic, industry, geographic and property risks
– expertise in structuring credit transactions and managing all types of credit risk
– a track record of having exercised credit authority
– strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
– open minded, inquisitive, self-driven individual with strong critical and logical reasoning abilities
– capable of thinking in multiple risk dimensions and applying good judgment
– well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment, even when no two days are the same
– comfortable working productively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently
– a great communicator, with the ability to interact appropriately at all levels in the organization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153879BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Credit Officer, Commercial Real Estate Lending
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Risk