UBS Financial Services Credit Risk Officer in Stamford, Connecticut
Are you naturally curious and ambitious? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• evaluate counterparty credit risk based on an understanding of the hedge fund's risk management techniques, trading strategies, and infrastructure, as well as a number of other quantitative and qualitative measures of credit worthiness. This will include client due diligence visits for onsite evaluations.
• hold delegated personal authority (within established risk-based limits) to approve new positions or to make recommendations to higher authority levels within Credit. The candidate will be expected to interact with the business units in relation to transactions to ensure the risk fit UBS' ultimate appetite in the sector.
• evaluate transactional risks associated with OTC derivatives, securities financing, exchange traded derivatives, banking products and structured transactions
• prepare, as well as review and approve, written counterparty annual reviews/transactional credit proposals drawing conclusions relating to credit assessment, risk appetite, exposure drivers and business prospects
• lead trading documentation negotiation
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Credit Risk Control – Hedge Fund team in Stamford, CT. This role is responsible for the credit assessment, monitoring, control and transaction decision approval of UBS's counterparties, which primarily encompass hedge funds, private equity funds, and high net worth individuals. You will serve as a Credit Officer focusing on quantitative risk assessment of transactions and hedge fund counterparty credit analysis.
Your experience and skills:
– a Bachelor's degree or international equivalent, preferably in accounting or finance, and a MBA/CFA preferred
- 7-10 years of experience and demonstrated expertise in a similar position or related financial services position
– established quantitative risk analysis skills employed in a credit risk, market risk or trading environment
– prior experience with due diligence and analysis of the financial condition of hedge fund counterparties
a knowledge and understanding of financial markets and a breadth of trading and lending products with specific knowledge of derivatives
familiarity with common trading documentation, particularly ISDA/CSA, Prime Brokerage and Repo Agreements
– an excellent communicator, both written and spoken
– able to work regularly under pressure and demonstrate effective time management and planning skills
– able to work productively within a team environment and independently when required
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157444BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Credit Risk Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Risk