UBS Financial Services UBS Evolve Innovation Centre – Data Scientist in Singapore, Singapore
Are you passionate about delivering data drive solutions in the financial sector? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
– data mining using state-of-the-art methods
– extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
– enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
– processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
– doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
– automate scoring using machine learning techniques
– develop internal A/B testing procedures
– creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Based in Singapore, you’ll be working in UBS Evolve - Center for Design Thinking & Innovation, innovation arm of the Wealth Management (WM) APAC Digital Office, building world-class solutions to meet evolving needs of high net-worth investors in Asia. We are committed to creating a client-centric innovation culture at UBS, Evolve enables bank-wide collaboration while connecting with the growing global FinTech ecosystem in pursuit of industry-leading platforms & services for UBS. We are looking for a seasoned Data Scientist who will drive the analytics innovation agenda while generating positive business impact and results. We look to connect with various business divisions to define the innovation opportunities and execute upon the respective innovation journeys across various strategic themes. The right candidate will be accountable for managing the end-to-end innovation pipeline from ideation through to prototyping, for analyzing technical feasibility & viability of new solutions and for ensuring satisfactory handover of successful concepts to the delivery teams for commercialization.
Your experience and skills:
– Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
– Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
– Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau
– Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
– Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
– Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
– Data-oriented personality
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest in AI and Big Data
– analytical and logical (you can solve problems and produce solutions to challenges)
– self-motivated with ability to work individually and as part of a global team
– collaborative nature; willing to share ideas, debate solutions and achieve consensus
– patient with a desire to drive the service forward and make a difference
– able to manage time, provide regular status updates and meet firm deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153807BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management
Title: UBS Evolve Innovation Centre – Data Scientist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Digital