UBS Financial Services Web Mining Developer in Shanghai, China
UBS is seeking talented engineers and web scraping gurus to build a state of the art big-data web harvesting system. You will work as a team to build, design, and experiment with next generation web harvesting techniques (e.g. generic web harvesting, NLP based web harvesting, statistically based data analysis, etc.)
• Development of new web harvesters and maintenance of existing harvesters
• Technical analysis of web pages and their underlying technologies
• Investigation of data issues and statistical anomalies of harvested data
• Work with New York analysts and fellow team members to review new and existing requirements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
About Evidence Lab
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. We thrive on innovation and work as a startup within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and supply chain.
Your experience and skills:
• 2-3+ years web development experience
• 2+ years database experience
• 2+ years in Python, C#, Java, or a comparable language
• Knowledge of Browser-Web Server interaction including DNS, HTTP, SSL, GET vs POST
• Attention to detail
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
Nice to haves
• Success solving web scraping or search challenges
• Administration or creation of Web Servers (IIS,Tomcat) or Web Services
• Experience with data cleansing and analysis
• An ability to think outside of the box and solve abstract, ill-defined problems
• Demonstrated ability to propose and implement new solutions or ideas
• Data modeling experience
• Language skills – Japanese & EU languages
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 149080BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Web Mining Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: China
Function Category: Business management, administration and support