UBS Financial Services WMA Securities Ops IT Software Engineer in Pune, India
We are looking for a Java developer responsible for building US WMA Securities related applications. This includes creation & maintenance of existing applications of different complexity, integration of back-end services. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
In this role you will:
• design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java artefacts
• ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• ensure the continuance of on-going programs and code reviews
• be involved in production support activities such as identifying and fixing defects
• translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your job will involve working in a team of dedicated software delivery professionals, being a part of the development and evolution of one of the core components. Following the scrum agile / waterfall delivery methodology, you will become a permanent member of one of our component or feature teams. You will help shape the component software architecture towards the wider target of a leading edge post trade application suites.
Your experience and skills:
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do, who value excellence, learning and integrity. Our culture places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly we are looking for someone who is technically excellent and can aspire to our values and culture. For this role we are looking for a software developer who has a proven track record within an agile environment.
• a Bachelor's degree
• minimum of 2+ years hands-on experience with Java, JEE technologies
• proficiency in Core Java, Spring, Web services, JSP, HTML, XML technologies
• proficiency in IBM WebSphere and/or TomCat application server
• familiarity with test automation tools like Selenium and Cucumber
• proficiency in auto deployment tools like Maven and Jenkins
• solid understanding of object-oriented programming & are familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• experience in unit and system test activities
• optional knowledge on DB2, writing/enhancing stored procedures, schemas and creating database artefacts that represent and support business processes
• familiar with financial domain
• process oriented and worked in onshore-offshore model
• ready to deliver independently and as a team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154773BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: WMA Securities Ops IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)