UBS Financial Services Valuation Controller in Pune, India
Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you an innovator who loves to solve problems? We are looking for someone to use their expertise and join UBS Valuation Control Group in Pune with flexibility to move to Mumbai
• Responsible to perform the Independent Price Testing (IPV) of all Fair Valued Assets & Liabilities in the Credit space, with a primary focus on Loans & Bonds
• Review & determine appropriate data hierarchy used to perform IPV for the bonds portfolio
• Perform IPV on secondary trading loans using direct observable prices from external sources.
• Perform Proxy testing on originated loans & commitments using observable market inputs
• Perform Prudential Valuation calculation for the fair valued positions in the credit business
• Computation & reporting of reserves for the Credit business with primary focus on the Structured financing business
• Preparation of monthly Valuation packs along with commentaries explaining the reserves & IPV
• Work across asset class teams globally to understand the business and the drivers for IPV , Valuation Adjustment and Prudential Valuation numbers amongst others. Present the analysis and details to the senior management
• On a continuous basis review/challenge client needs and prepare reports in standardized format, with adhoc reports and analysis for senior management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The role exists within the Valuation Control Group which is part of Group Finance. The function is responsible for the validation of the final reported valuations of trading products & derivatives through a combination of independent price verification (IPV) and reserving techniques. The VCG team is global with a significant presence in India.
Your experience and skills:
•master's Degree in Finance, Chartered Accountant , CFA or Masters from a institute of repute, 3+ years of experience in Finance industry working in valuations, research, valuation methodologies or similar profiles
•ability to critically think, review & challenge valuation methodologies
•strong understanding of derivatives pricing concepts, methodologies (swaps and options) and associated risks
•attention to detail and strong process improvement capabilities
•ability to multitask, work independently, willingness and capability to build robust control environment for IPV & regulatory reporting
•strong product knowledge across financial instruments with expertise in either credit or rates. Ability to learn products within other asset classes.
•resolve complex issues independently and communicate results to all stakeholders in a timely manner.
•a very strong communicator, and can present ideas with people at all levels
•a team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 152227BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Valuation Controller
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Finance