UBS Financial Services Research DevOps Engineer in Pune, India
Job Reference #:
We’re looking for someone to help us:
– collaborate with software engineering to deploy and operate our system
– help automate and streamline our operations and processes
– build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
– troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
– contribute widely in establishing and promoting best practices and pro-actively investigating and proposing new technologies for use within the department
Research DevOps Engineer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working across portfolio of applications within the Research group of Advisory Technology. These applications are used by several thousand sales and research staff across the Investment Bank, and include a core CRM platform providing Client Account Plans, interaction capture as well as Call sheet with click-to-dial and other telephony services. Also, the group has systems responsible for capturing Client research interests, providing matching forecasts to Analysts who create the research and managing the rendition and distribution of the research documents to our Clients.
Your experience and skills:
– Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
– Experience in the design and implementation of applications build, release, deployment, and configuration activities
– Basic SQL knowledge
– Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
– A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
– Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (nice to have)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test and behavior-driven development
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– a strong communicator – able to interface with key business and technology stakeholders
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?