UBS Financial Services Java Software Developer - eCommerce in Pune, India
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
Do you want to help develop a new high-profile on-line trading application? Take pride in the quality of software delivered for each development iteration? We’re looking for someone like that to join us and:
– be a part of a high-performing team on a high-profile project.
– solve challenging problems in elegant way
– master state-of-the-art technologies and a complex business domain.
– build the highly responsive and fast updating application in Agile & Lean environment
– apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
– work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery
– write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
– work collaboratively with a small team of technologists and closely with the business
Java Software Developer - eCommerce
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be joining the e-commerce IT team within UBS Investment Bank to develop a new on-line client facing application with state-of-the-art technologies. You will collaborate closely with the Business, Client-Side Developers, Quality Assurance and User Experience professionals.
Your experience and skills:
– expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
– expertise in modern core Java (post java 5) with knowledge of low-level parts of API like collections, multi-threading, Java 5 concurrency utilities, IO/NIO and Sockets.
– clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
– fluency with design patterns and refactoring techniques.
– fluency in unit testing / testing frameworks (JUnit / JMock / EasyMock / JMockit etc).
– fluency with platforms and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc), application servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc) and relational databases (Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server).
– experience with web services (RESTful and SOAP) and messaging systems.
– experience with NoSql databases (Cassandra, Neo4j, Redis) and understanding of different types.
– fluency with UNIX and Windows command line tools.
– knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc)
– experience with source control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Mercurial, Git), build tools and continuous integration (Ant, Maven, TeamCity, Hudson, Sonar etc.)
– experience with project and issue tracking tools (JIRA, Rally, Version1, etc.)
– focused on quality
– an excellent communicator
– aware of on-going technology trends and know pragmatically leverage their benefits
– quick learner
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?