UBS Financial Services Data Driven Equity Research Analyst – Evidence Lab in New York, New York
Job Reference #:
Are you an equity research analyst who is comfortable with data and quantitative modeling? Or an economist with interest in company-level research? Do you want to do something innovative? We are looking for someone who can:
– create new products and thinking around turning worldwide macro-economic data releases into predicting near-term fundamental performance of different companies
– work with sector analysts, macro researchers, data providers, data scientists and technologists to design and implement the above analytic framework
– collaborate with UBS research analysts to parlay the findings into equity research reports
Data Driven Equity Research Analyst – Evidence Lab
Country / State:
United States - New York
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the UBS Evidence Lab Macro team in New York. We are an innovative team within UBS Global Research Division that uses real-time evidence to analyze the short-term performance of different global economies as well as their impact on near-term performance of companies. We are a data-driven group interested in applying new sources of information, as well as new techniques, in our research.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab http://bit.ly/WhoIsEvidenceLab here.
Your experience and skills:
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, or finance; advanced degree preferred
– at least 4 years of experience in macro-economic research or equity research in either a hedge fund or an investment bank
– proficiency in macro-economic data releases with experience in company-level fundamental analysis
– comfort with analyzing large data sets and quantitative modeling
– comfort with excel and Bloomberg (or equivalent systems)
– a good communicator
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?