UBS Financial Services Client Relationship Director in New York, New York
Job Reference #:
Personal & Corporate Banking
Are you at your best when developing new business opportunities and building long-term relationships with clients? Do you like to work with product partners to holistically cover clients? We are looking for someone who can help us:
– Proactively develop and maintain the Banks and Regulated Brokers client portfolio in the region, focusing on strategically important clients.
– Assess and develop new Transaction Services business opportunities with Bank and Regulated Broker clients, with a focus on US and Canadian clients. You will have direct PnL responsibility for Transaction Bank products.
– Work closely with product partners in the Investment Bank, Asset Management, and Wealth Management to develop business with these divisions, with the goal to increase overall revenues.
– Keep accurate, up-to-date client relationship coverage plans for your portfolio, and develop relationship management strategies to protect the bank's interests. Understand and manage the clients expectations of the relationship, Understand your client's organizational structure, develop/maintain a coverage matrix, and ensure appropriate coverage and touchpoints. Work seamlessly with other regions to ensure globally consistent and transparent coverage of global accounts.
– Support the sales process by assisting in the management of pipeline reporting, conference planning and generating reports for regional management and the team as necessary
– Prepare and analyze revenue and relationship statistics for business activities with our clients.
– Monitor market and competitor activity to ensure that opportunities for new business are not overlooked and market share is not eroded.
– comply with all risk management, regulatory, and compliance policies and control standards, including AML KYC Due Diligence, contributing to an effective risk culture
– With product specialists, you will monitor the Transaction Bank exposures and portfolio quality for the North American clients in your portfolio on an ongoing basis and co-ordinate regular updates with Credit and Risk Management.
Client Relationship Director
Country / State:
United States - New York
Client advisory / Relationship management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Relationship Management, Banks team in New York City. You will play a critical role in connecting Product Partners and Specialists to clients in your portfolio.
Your experience and skills:
– At least 10 years banking experience, including at least 5 years Financial Institutions coverage.
– In depth product knowledge of Trade Finance, Treasury, and Custody products including associated AML, Credit and Market risk experience
– MBA a plus
– Motivated self-starter, commercially focused, entrepreneurial in spirit.
– Strong interpersonal and networking skills shown through experience with clients
– Commercial acumen, negotiation skills, and track record for developing client coverage and sales strategy, as well as converting into revenue.
– Ability to ensure constant visibility and dialogue towards internal stakeholders and clients
– a confident decision-maker, highly organized and detail oriented
– willing to travel up to 30 percent of the time
– fluent in Spanish is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?