UBS Financial Services Business Analyst - Business Intelligence in New York, New York
Are you passionate about creating powerful analytic solutions? Do you possess Jedi-level BI skills? We're looking for someone who can help us:
• Analyze and decipher complex data
• Collect and formulate business requirements via interviews and user discussions
• Document functional requirements, business processes, use-cases and other project artifacts
• Deliver wireframes and prototypes for reports, visualizations, and dashboards
• Analyze current vs. target business processes and provide recommendations for process improvements
• Provide hands-on expertise within all phases of the SDLC
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the research technology analytics team in New York. We use advanced technologies to serve our clients and build the best platform on Wall Street. The analytics team works with a variety of other groups within the platform, such as Data Science, marketing and web analytics along with other groups in the bank, such as IT.
Your experience and skills:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS, IT, Engineering, etc)
– Excellent data analysis skills (Excel, MS Access, SQL, SAS, Informatica, etc.)
– Experience with BI reporting platforms (i.e. Business Objects Webi/Deski, OBIEE, Cognos Report Net, etc)
– Experience with visual analytics platforms and dashboarding (i.e. D3, Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView)
– Deep knowledge of data warehouse principles and dimensional modeling
– Experience working within waterfall and agile project management frameworks
– Understanding of master data management and data governance practices
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent at managing expectations across all constituents including IT, business users and management
– Able to effectively learning new tools, methods, applications and processes
– Able to use analytics in parallel with your creativity for generating new ideas
– Able to communicate, collaborate and negotiate with adjacent business and technology groups
– Superior at analyzing data to evaluate quality, completeness and value of new data sets
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154414BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Business Analyst - Business Intelligence
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business management, administration and support