UBS Financial Services Portfolio Manager in New York, California
Job Reference #:
Do you have a track record selecting private equity funds for investment? Do you have basic primary direct investing or secondary indirect fund evaluation experience? Are you able to monitor and report on the performance of private equity funds? Have you successfully worked with institutional clients? We are looking for someone like you who can:
• Manage and participate in meetings with fund managers and review/analyze new investment opportunities based on top down market analysis
• Carry out Due diligence on private equity funds (for primary or secondary investment) in the Americas (primarily the US, Canada, and Latin America; also globally) based on bottom up private equity analysis and valuation of all types (VC, Growth, Buyout, Special Situations)
• Perform Portfolio Management and Reporting with private equity analysis, portfolio management attribution, and performance calculations
• Take the lead on writing and preparing client monthly and quarterly reports
• Develop and respond to sales & marketing enquiries and RfPs.
• Create and drive new model portfolios and presentations for new business initiatives
• Update and improve presentations and pitch books
New York, San Francisco
Country / State:
United States - California, United States - New York
Portfolio and fund management
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working with our Asset Management Multi-Managers Private - Americas' team in San Francisco and New York. We have 20 years of experience and continue to be a fast growing team with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The Americas' team serves as the Portfolio Management team for fund of funds' vehicles and separate account mandates and cover investments stretching across North and South America.
Your experience and skills:
You have –
• a university degree in business administration, engineering, economics, finance, law or similar, or an MBA in combination with mathematics or natural science, or similar
• 2-5 years of experience in private equity fund investing, direct and secondary transactions and related areas such as corporate finance, management consultancy, or other alternative assets
• prior exposure to the international private equity field and industry networks with fund managers in the core region (would be helpful but not essential)
• interest and potential for client interaction and strong communication and public-speaking skills
• international experience and a capability to work as part of a specialized global team with independence and initiative
You are -
• excellent in financial modelling, excel programming, with strong analytical skills, direct and secondary asset valuation experience and an understanding of business concepts for investment decision-making and management
• detail oriented and self-motivated and willing to be judged on results
• flexible in your approach to new ideas and projects
• a candidate or have completed one of the following programs (favorable but not required): CFA, CAIA, or CIPM, or a Corporate Finance / LBO modelling course
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?