UBS Financial Services HR Vetting Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
Do you know how to catch important details? Are you an expert in analysis and background checks? We're looking for someone like this to:
– work with stringent deadlines and an evolving processed
– organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to complete job function in an orderly, efficient manner
– work independently while exercising escalation methodology
– establish and maintain effective working relationships with those involved in staff vetting processes
– read, comprehend, interpret and make sound decisions on complex background cases
– perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy, exercise discretion, good judgment and analytical skills when resolving background cases
– maintain diplomacy and confidentiality when dealing with people in sensitive situations
– provide daily and monthly statistics of run-the-bank background cases
– manage run-the-bank staff vetting activities and understand the methodology of a case tracking tool
– collaborate with other vetting team members to establish and maintain a positive and trusting work environment
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
HR Service Delivery, as the centre of HR, partners closely with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and Centres-of-Expertise (CoEs), to deliver expert HR advice, products and services to our clients globally: in Line Manager & Employee Advisory, Learning, Professional Recruiting, Graduate Recruiting and Development, Reward, International Mobility Services (IMS), Employee Relations, Payroll, HR Operations and HR Reporting & Analytics.
As the heart of HR, Service Delivery will create significant career, people management and development opportunities, reflecting the growing scope, range and specialism of the function. Working within HRSD means developing innovative ways of working with our clients, challenging how we deliver today, thinking creatively to continuously improve and develop our people, products and process, and utilising technology in new ways to serve our clients.
The vision of HR Service Delivery is to be recognised as leaders for high quality and efficient Service Delivery. Our values underpin everything we do: Integrated thinking & working; Taking responsibility & managing risk; Continuous improvement; Delivery & execution focus; Providing professional client-centric services; Continuous personal development; Partnership with CoEs and HRBPs.
As a HR Vetting Specialist, you will be working in Nashville, TN and will report into the HR Vetting and Process Control Americas Lead. You will act as a liaison between Regional Security, Employment Legal, Employee Relations, Compliance, Human Resource Operations Coordinators and the business during the staff vetting process. In this role you will be responsible for Americas background vetting processes, escalation, resolution and reporting. This role will be responsible for day-to-day staff vetting escalation activity.
Your experience and skills:
– a graduate degree or relevant working experience
– familiarity with employee and contingent worker new hire processes as it relates to staff vetting and compliance with local, state, federal and international requirements.
– specific understanding of criminal, credit, high risk names, education, employment and compliance checks is preferred.
– experience interacting with candidates and new hires while handling confidential information with integrity and expedience.
– ability to guide and advise candidates through the vetting process as well as packaging all escalation materials for the business to seek Employee Relations and Compliance exceptions.
– must have proven performance in managing high volumes.
– intermediate/advanced MS Office skills
– passionate about your job and truly service and customer oriented
– well organized with a sharp eye for detail
– known for your can-do attitude and able to prioritize your tasks under pressure
– eager to learn new things and become an expert in your field
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 155902BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: HR Vetting Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Human Resources (HR)