UBS Financial Services Network Data Support in Mexico D.F., Mexico
Working as part of the Global Level 3 - Network Data Support Team this role will have specific responsibility to provide expertise Operational support for Network management and to ensure high level network availability through excellent troubleshooting skills and reactive/proactive initiatives in order to meet and set network availability targets and to exceed customer expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Level 3 Data team members works as part of the Global Network Operational / Implementation Team to Plan /design / configure and global monitoring of network infrastructure services.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the IT division.
Your experience and skills:
• Act as an highest escalation point for L2 support teams in resolving the escalated incidents (routing & switching issues).
• 8 to 12 years technical work experience in switches & routers, Riverbeds, WAN encryption etc.
• CCNP (Routing & Switching) Certification preferred.
• Provide Level-3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Performs network problem resolution.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
• Advanced understanding of IP network fundamentals
• Advanced knowledge in local and wide area networking communications
• Ability to utilize packet analysis tools and be proficient at reading network packet streams
• Advanced knowledge of hardware, network operating systems and troubleshooting skills
• General knowledge of security features like PKI, VPN and Firewalls
• Advanced knowledge of Switching and Routing Architectures
• Ability to analyze network design, architecture, protocols, topology, configuration and provisioning platforms
• Advanced knowledge of support systems for network management and element management systems
• Advanced knowledge of protocols such as RIPv2, OSPF, OSPF-TE, IS-IS, IS-IS -TE, BGP, MPLS and SIP.
• Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
• Configuring/Enabling Niksun sniffer in data center to capture traffics to troubleshoot further complex issues.
• Raise SNOW Task & Coordinate with on-site engineer to Replace of faulty devices or parts
• Installation & Configuration of IP-Transport devices as requested.
• Configuring TACACS & SNMP for all IP-Transport devices
• Firmware upgrades for IP-Transport devices when required.
• Raise Standard/break-fix change records (RNOWs) to record all Config changes.
• Work on problem management records & investigate for RCA.
• Work on MAZU, SevOne, HPNA & Stat seeker tools to troubleshoot historical issues.
• Work with Project Manager & work on activities as per schedule.
• Updating network diagrams, GNI records & SSDO documentation post change implementation.
• Network Review: Check & ensure switch ports are available in the assigned subnet
• Allocate Port: Assign free ports on assigned subnet
• Configure Network Port: Once Patching team done with cabling on assigned switch ports, configure the switch port as per requirement (VLAN, Speed etc.)
• Configure Network Switch: It's about configuring ESM blade. It includes configuring ESM switch, switch ports, Management interface & Uplink trunk ports.
• Good networking concepts like LAN, WAN, Networking concepts like TCP/IP , HTTP FTP etc. and utilities SSH,
• Good Knowledge on Routing protocol like OSPF , BGP , Dynamic protocols etc.
• Must have good knowledge on switching (STP , VTP , redundancy protocols )
• Advance working knowledge on optical and wireless devices (ADVA and Aruba)
• Assist in coordinating operations and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies;
• Identify and verify service impact to customers, and engage subject matter experts in support of problem resolution; Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams in support of status updates regarding open issues, and implement actions in support of root cause analysis and problem remediation;
• Learn the skills needed to perform the tasks and ensure that all team members are on same page with operational tasks.
• Identify the opportunities to improve the monitoring and deployment procedures.
• Drive continuous improvement in the practices and processes NOC follows.
• Analyze the recurring incidents and identify opportunities to reduce/eliminate the same.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154325BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Network Data Support
City: Mexico D.F.
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Mexico
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)