UBS Financial Services Investment Banker in Melbourne, Australia
Key Responsibilities and deliverables:-
• Identify and meet clients' needs in the most effective way
• Build and sustain strong relationships with both internal and external clients as well as focusing on identifying and tailoring solutions for clients' needs through in-depth analysis
• Manage transaction execution activities for clients
• Manage and support the development of junior investment bankers
• Identify and examine problems in order to understand and generate options; recommend solutions which are logical, reasonable and realistic
• Show determination, effort and enthusiasm to deliver results – take initiative, originate action and keep work flow moving
• Act within professional, legal, ethical and risk boundaries and guidelines
• Demonstrate flexibility and tolerate changes in methods and approaches
• Maintain performance and confidence in difficult, stressful, ambiguous and challenging circumstances
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Natural Resources team in Melbourne and working closely with our sector and product teams located in Sydney and Perth. We cover mining and oil and gas clients with businesses located in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and South East Asia and work closely with the global UBS network. UBS is widely regarded as the leading investment bank in the Australian market and consistently maintains its position as the leading corporate advisor in domestic and cross-border transactions and also the leading capital markets business over the longer term.
Your experience and skills:
– 5-8 years' relevant experience gained from working in investment banking (either within a bulge bracket or top tier boutique advisory firm)
– strong academic results
– Familiarity with sector/product, its key drivers, market trends
– able to communicate clearly and work effectively as part of a team;
– a team player and able to work under pressure with the ability to produce presentational material and financial analysis quickly and accurately;
– a great communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
– always looking to expand your skill set, including relationship building; and
– committed to a career in investment banking.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 157983BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Investment Banker
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Australia
Function Category: Investment Banking