UBS Financial Services Sybase DBA in Manno, Switzerland
• design and implement complex changes
• troubleshoot and solve incidents
• monitor and analyze performance issues
• work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
• DBA Support for application development and production support teams
• Overspill from Level 2 Global Sybase Team.
• Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
• compliance with operational / change management guidelines
• Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Sybase DBA team is spread across the globe in numerous regions. It is a team of highly skilled and experienced technicians. The ultimate goal of the team is provide level 3 technical DBA support to the organisation's Sybase estate and the numerous applications that reside on Sybase databases. The team works closely with other infrastructure teams such as UNIX and Storage. Additionally close collaboration with Application support / development teams and also internal engineering.
Your experience and skills:
• At least 5 years experience and knowledge of the following RDBMS technologies
o Sybase ASE 15
o Sybase Replication Server 15
o Sybase DCO for Oracle
o Sybase CIS connecting to Oracle
• A good level of Unix / perl shell scripting
• Working knowledge of Solaris and RedHat Linux
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
• Ability to work and remain clam in a high pressure environment
• An experienced Sybase DBA with a track record of working in large financial institutions
• A flexible, open-minded team worker, with a friendly and pleasant personality
• Self-driven, able to work under pressure
• Willing to work occasionally in nonstandard working hours (nights / weekends)
• Able to to manage, prioritise and solve problems quickly and completely
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 145389BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Sybase DBA
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Ticino
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)