UBS Financial Services Credit Officer in Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills with good counterparty credit awareness? If so, we’re looking for someone who can:
independently review and approve credit proposals for Wealth Management (WM) and Asset Servicing (AS) clients, within a delegated personal credit authority, while upholding our risk principles and standards
evaluate counterparty credit risk for WM and AS clients based on an understanding of the counterparty's risk profile, trading strategy and other quantitative and qualitative measures of creditworthiness
prepare, as well as review and approve, written counterparty annual reviews/ transactional credit proposals drawing conclusions relating to credit assessment/ risk appetite/ exposure drivers and business prospects
work closely with business colleagues in WM and AS as well as with Group Risk Control peers from different teams in different locations to actively manage portfolio risks
monitor counterparty credit quality and drivers of credit exposure on a continual basis and enforce the margin call and close-out process
review new business initiatives and contribute to risk transformation projects, as relevant to the portfolio
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Credit Risk team in Luxembourg. We are responsible for assessing, approving and monitoring the creditworthiness of European Wealth Management counterparties and Asset Servicing entities. Our product focus includes Lombard Loans, single stock loans, lending against Life Insurance products, OTC derivatives, ETDs and structured transactions.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree in finance or economics, or even engineering or mathematics
– experience in either Lombard, institutional credit (hedge fund, corporate, leverage finance, etc.), market risk or in other related areas
– a track record of having exercised credit authority a strong asset
– strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
– a passion to expand your knowledge and drive to provide best-in-class client experience
– an open minded, inquisitive, self-driven individual with strong critical and logical reasoning abilities
– capable of thinking in multiple risk dimensions and apply good judgment
– well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment, even when no two days are the same
– comfortable working productively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently
– a great communicator, with the ability to interact appropriately at all levels in the organization
– fluent in English; German and/or French an asset
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 150528BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Credit Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Luxembourg
Function Category: Risk