UBS Financial Services Solution Architect - IB Research in London, United Kingdom
Are interested in building and integrating the best products? Do you know how to solve challenging problems in elegant ways whilst meeting the technology architecture principals and enterprise level requirements?
The role involves technical ownership and oversight of the portfolio of software applications within the Research domain. This includes in-house developed solutions, off-the-shelf tools and 3rd party managed software (including external Cloud).
Primary responsibilities involve understanding, documenting and articulating the current state architecture, evaluating its strengths and weaknesses and defining the roadmap towards a realistic and achievable future state.
Secondary responsibilities include providing advice, assistance and feedback to team-level technical leads and PM's on day-to-day development activities and operational issues.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• You will have to balance multiple simultaneous projects and priorities and you are experienced at managing a complex variety of work and self-organizing.
• You will are an advocate of Agile methodologies and ideally will have completed Scrum Master certification (or similar).
• You will code – this is not a development role, but you will be expected to create working prototypes, review code from others and advise on best practice. Coding and software development generally will be a passion, but you will appreciate that this is certainly not a full time development role.
• You are able to clearly and concisely articulate your vision and expectations and convince teams of the 'right way' of doing things – you will be comfortable defending your decisions and justifying your plan in the face of challenging business expectations and tight deadlines.
• You will understand the challenges of working in a complex Financial Services landscape and you will appreciate the problems posed by regulation. Data security and solution robustness is critical and you will have had experience of risk assessing your solutions and providing that service to others.
• You will have a toolbox of Design Patterns that you have identified and implemented throughout your career and you will be able to recognise these in existing systems, explain their rationale and offer alternatives.
• You will need to deal with multiple stakeholders with divergent and sometimes conflicting priorities.
Your experience and skills:
• A strong technical background, ideally across a broad range of technologies. Enterprise software architecture experience is a must (resilience, failover, load balancing, network latency etc).
• Worked in a software development environment for 10 years plus.
• Have, at a minimum, a technical degree – Computer Science or a closely related subject.
• Have led development teams and managed the recruitment of developers.
• Java development experience is essential
• A solid grounding in UNIX/LINUX, including, but not limited to, shell scripting, process management, file system/permissions, search and access control.
• Comfortable facing off directly to senior business stakeholders as well as technical leads, project managers and domain architects.
• Able to demonstrate experience in RESTful web service design and implementation and you will understand the benefits (and disadvantages) of a Microservices architecture.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156111BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Solution Architect - IB Research
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)