UBS Financial Services Software Engineer - Research IT Quant Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Design, develop, document and maintain software components using an Agile process
– Work closely with business users and analyze business requirements
– Work with global support teams to resolve high priority defects quickly
– Liaise with release management teams to deploy changes and ensure production stability
– Collaborate with Infrastructure Services and CTO teams to introduce new technology and infrastructure as required
Software Engineer - Research IT Quant Analyst
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Quantitative Research IT team in London within Research and Sales IT. We are a small team using agile development methods and collaborating closely with the Quantitative Research analysts globally to support their needs.
We develop and maintain a range of systems including a large Oracle data warehouse with extensive OLAP, SQL and PL/SQL modules, analytical environments for R as well as supporting systems built with Java, Perl, C++ and Python.
We are always looking to the future and expect to invest in Big Data technologies.
Your experience and skills:
– Multi-year experience of enterprise software development and end-to-end delivery
– Excellent UNIX skills
– Excellent Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills and a passion for data analytics
– Experience of working in software development teams using agile methods
– Experience in one or more of Java, Perl, Python, C++, R, Oracle OLAP
- A keen interest or experience in Big Data
– Passionate about data and analytics
– Able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?