UBS Financial Services Software Engineer – GED Automated Derivatives Strategy in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– You will work directly with the trading desks. Everyone in the group is integral to the development and support operation of the platform as a whole.
– The system is deployed across many markets in EMEA.
– the platform is sophisticated and demands high caliber developers that can operate as an integral member of the team, as well as self-directed for development execution
– Market link technology, specifically understanding of FIX is an advantage.
– The core build technology domain is Java 8/ Oracle / Linux / Ant / Teamcity / Scripting / Test Driven Methods & Agile Process / OO Design & principles
– Exposure to Web frontend technologies is a desire. HTML5,ECMA Script 6
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the Automated Derivatives Strategy development team in EMEA. The EMEA team is part of a broader global team working on a low latency trading platform covering numerous global markets, including warrants, listed options and ETF market making and algorithmic trading. The development team is part of a wider global team split mainly across APAC, EMEA and North American. Development for the region is driven out of the local regional team.
Your experience and skills:
– strong Java development skills, 3+ years' experience
– familiarity with this business domain, and real time trading platforms experience (Warrants / Listed Options / Futures / Market Making & specifics of market links)
– excellent problem solving skills, and quick to pick up new concepts
– to be able to operate effectively in a front office trading floor environment
– desire to learn and adopt new technologies and good flexibility in terms of technology stack
– an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
– a self-starter, able to create new solutions independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– a pioneer of emerging code and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 158305BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineer – GED Automated Derivatives Strategy
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)