UBS Financial Services Senior Wealth Management Lawyer - Credit & Banking in London, United Kingdom
Do you have financial regulatory experience and a practical knowledge of credit and banking products ? Do you have a solid background in the legal profession? We're looking for someone like this to:
– partner with our Wealth Management colleagues to give legal and regulatory advice with a particular focus on credit and banking issues
– be involved in all stages of product lifecycle including new product approvals
– advise on a wide range of products including structured credit/margined transactions, deposit taking and cash products and mortgage facilities
– draft and negotiate general commercial contracts
– stay up to date with relevant regulatory developments to make sure we meet all obligations to our customers and regulators
– advise our Wealth Management colleagues about the impact of regulatory developments on their business
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Wealth Management legal team. We’re responsible for advising our Wealth Management colleagues in London on legal and regulatory matters related to the products and services they offer our customers. We also work closely with external counsel and our colleagues around the globe to make sure the advice we give to our businesses is consistent and fits internal policies.
Your experience and skills:
– worked in a similar position before, either in private practice or in house
– qualified as a lawyer (preferably England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction) and have a strong product knowledge
– experience working with senior leadership teams on commercially sensitive matters and have regulatory awareness
– drive, enthusiasm and motivation, paired with a keen commercial sense and risk management skillset
– a strong written and verbal communicator, used to interacting with colleagues at all levels
– an expert at building networks and connections
– familiar with the private wealth management industry
– known for hitting deadlines
– comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 151036BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Wealth Management Lawyer - Credit & Banking
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Compliance, Legal