UBS Financial Services Senior Software Engineer C# in London, United Kingdom
Senior Developer to join the User Interface team working on strategic projects, enhancing a well appreciated UI Framework in the Credit Risk IT department of UBS. You will interact closely with the Credit Risk team and affiliated departments. You will be responsible for turning business requirements into technical designs, development of new features and supporting the platform and maintaining its high quality.
You will work closely with the Business Analysts and Senior Stakeholders to define strategic software solutions that enable Risk Control operations such as managing excesses, limits, exposures and ratings.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The team has around 8 members and has presence in London, Pune and Mumbai. You will be joining the London sub-team.
Your experience and skills:
• Excellent Problem solving skills, Strong C#, OO, .NET development expertise (ideally v4.0 and 4.5), experience with Unity/MEF. – approx 5-7 years experience
• Strong knowledge of WPF, Rx, TPL, MVVM, Data Binding, Mocking libaries such as RhinoMocks, Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit.
• Advanced Asynchronous and Multi-threaded programming
• Working knowledge of SQL (Ideally Oracle 10g, SQL Server)
• Experience working in an agile and iterative environment, continuous integration, basic knowledge of SCM fundamentals.
• Appreciation of system architecture and design patterns, Understanding of Design Patterns and OO Design heuristics.
• Team player with proven experience in managing small teams of developers either in a line role or a matrix organisation
• Demonstrable passion for user experience and complex data visualization
• Working knowledge of Credit Risk and Risk Control.
• Experience in Java Development, SOAP/RESTFul Web services, UNIX
• Architecture and Design of multi-tiered, multi-technology application.
• Support the entire SDLC, planning, risk & issue management, testing, deployment, production support, documentation.
• Ability to run, manage and plan for a development team using modern software engineering tools and methods; continuous integration, automated testing, 2 week iterations.
• Ability to make a development plan, and make the plan and progression against the plan well understood by all relevant stakeholders.
• Experience and comprehension of the technologies involved (see above), expertise in at least one.
• Experience with operating, managing and deploying applications on Unix operating systems.
• Strong object and relational design skills.
• Document technical designs in a clear, concise, complete and structured way to aid understanding of the business and IT teams impacted by the change
• Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that the associated testing is thorough to ensure a successful implementation of the intended change
• Attention to detail to ensure that requirements, change requests, defects and production issues are implemented to specification in a timely and predictable manner.
• Experience with workflow-based applications
• Excellent inter-personal skills to form good, productive relationships with all involved areas to enable the smooth execution of the project.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 148886BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Software Engineer C#
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk