UBS Financial Services Senior C# Software Engineer - Risk Analytics in London, United Kingdom
Job Reference #:
The Counterparty & Treasury IT function within the UBS Investment Bank manages the build out and support of UBS’ Credit Valuation Adjustment, Counterparty Credit Risk, Liquidity & Funding IT systems
Across this area there are a number of established programmes and new books of work delivering strategic change and tangible business benefit to UBS Investment Bank and Group Functions. This is a market differentiating department with exciting opportunities to get involved in very topical areas such as Counterparty Credit Risk / CVA, Secured & Unsecured Funding and Investment Bank Liquidity projects and business process change.
The work within this department is actively sponsored by the UBS Group Treasurer, the Investment Bank Chief Operations Officer, and the IB Treasury Trading global head whilst also actively supported by the Front Office and Control function heads.
Senior C# Software Engineer - Risk Analytics
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your job is within one of the most high profile and well-respected IT teams in the City, building out the capabilities to allow our trading desks to actively manage credit and liquidity risks in the markets.
You will take responsibility for the design and build of strategic components across Risk Analytics. This will encompass sourcing trade data from across the bank; working with Quants to enhance our grid compute platform; and building reporting tools for users bank-wide.
You must work in a team. You must produce high quality software.
Your experience and skills:
You are a hands on software developer with extensive experience of working in a complex, front to back integrated systems at Investment Banks.
• Ability to write clear and succinct designs
• Ability to lead small teams of developers
• Write software to run on a distributed grid
• Write software using C# and Oracle for data integration and distribution (batch, message and request response)
• Experience working in an agile and iterative environment, using test driven development and similar practices
• Excellent written communication; ability to create powerful and maintainable documentation
• Strong knowledge of database technology, ideally Oracle 10g
• Oracle 10 & 11G SQL performance tuning skills
• Strong knowledge of system integration through enterprise messaging, Web Services, Client API and File Systems
• Knowledge of CVA and RWA risk measures
• Strong knowledge of structured derivatives
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?