UBS Financial Services Senior C# developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable solutions to an enthusiastic and driven business? Do you enjoy working in a global group of like minded IT individuals? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyse business requirements, design and implement solutions and develop software components as defined by the s development life cycle (SDLC)
– ensure the applications we build are feature rich and maintainable in a resilient and supportable manor.
– maintain and improve our culture of collaborative software delivery
– unit and integration test components for integration into larger subsystems
– support your peers in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems in short notice.
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational
– collaborate and influence global dispersed IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Risk and Margin IT team in London, part of a global group also based in Poland and the US. We build and maintain large scale systems for margining clients across a broad range of asset classes and assessing the counterparty risk associated with complex market stress models.
Your experience and skills:
– large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience.
– Understanding of design patterns, Structural (Façade),Creational Patterns (Factory)
– Proficient in configuring and understanding automated build processes
– Proficient in understanding of code versioning tools (Git, SVN)
– Skilful in righting reusable c# libraries
– experience with distributed computing patterns and n tier applications
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– experience influencing and managing remote staff
– a keen interest in financial markets and a constant desire to add value to our company
– the ability and desire to partner with business counterparts to deliver high value solutions
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behaviour-driven development
– willing to learn technologies and adapt to the organisation
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– a good communicator
– will to take the lead in high pressure situations of delivery and production incidents
– driven to understand the business you support
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 155724BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior C# developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)