UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Do you like to apply advanced mathematics and programming skills to solve problems in the financial market? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• independently review models for Credit Derivatives, Hybrids and Asset Backed Securities used in the Investment bank, wealth management and asset management divisions
• examine/make suggestions to improve the model suitability, calibration, speed, accuracy, risk sensitivities and model performance
• analyse and approve complex transactions and model reserve methodologies
• develop benchmark models in C+• work closely with front office quants, trading desks and other risk control teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Credit Valuations Models team in London, covering valuation models used for Credit derivatives, hybrids and ABS. The group covers all aspects of model validation, model-related issues in trade pre-approvals and reserves, assessment of the impact of models on valuation, market, and credit risks. Together with other teams, it also develops methodologies for aggregating market and credit risks, to provide bank-wide risk analysis for senior management.
Your experience and skills:
– experience in the relevant areas as a quant acquired in investment banks, such as model validation or front office roles.
– knowledge of financial markets/products- Credit Derivatives, ABS and Credit Hybrids
– MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, and Computing etc
– proficiency using C++ and experience in implementing complex derivative models using Monte Carlo and/or partial differential equation techniques
– excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to explain equations in plain English)
– independent, pragmatic, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– willing to collaborate and share knowledge with your team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 151255BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk