UBS Financial Services Quantitative Financial Economist - Scenario Generation in London, United Kingdom
Job Reference #:
Does financial and economic modelling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop and implement econometric models for forecasting financial variables under baseline and stress conditions
– construct alternative scenarios for stress testing purposes, with a focus on forecasting financial indicators under stress conditions
– demonstrate soundness of model and scenario assumptions
– interact with different teams across UBS for modelling and scenario analysis
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and resulting new developments
Quantitative Financial Economist - Scenario Generation
Country / State:
Quantitative Analysis, Research, Risk
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk team (PCR) in London (5 Broadgate). Our team is responsible for all aspects of country risk analysis. The PCR Scenario Generation team's main focus is on the development of econometric models and scenario generators for stress testing. Our team covers modelling of global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using a suite of econometric models and involve input from senior management and other experts within UBS.
Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events.
Your experience and skills:
– Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. econometrics, financial economics, statistics, engineering, mathematics)
– solid knowledge of econometric models used for forecasting financial variables
– at least two years of working experience in the financial industry, economic consultancy or research
– knowledge of statistical modeling software (R is a must, knowledge of Matlab, Eviews, Stata will be a plus) and LaTeX
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– experience working with large datasets (e.g. data mining and machine learning) is a plus
– experience involving quantitative economic analysis and/or quantitative finance for stress testing is a plus
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– structured, organized, and detail-oriented
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?