UBS Financial Services Model Risk Management Algo / Electronic Trading Team Head in London, United Kingdom
Are you someone who likes a challenge and is willing to explore an emerging area of Risk Control? We are looking to hire a team leader who can:
– define a framework for validation and governance of Algo/eTrading models and assume the functional responsibility covering this area.
– hire a dedicated team of SMEs with specific validation responsibilities for Algo and eTrading models.
– organize the validation work for Algo/eTrading models, covering both quantitative aspects as well as the broader context within which these operate;
– oversee and review model validation work in terms of the required standards (conceptual soundness, appropriateness of assumptions, data estimation, implementation, usage of outputs, etc);
– oversee the model inventory of Algo/eTrading models;
– interface with various stakeholders, including model owners, regulators and other control functions;
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The team will be part of the Model Risk Management & Control Risk Models function in London and you will work closely with Algo/eTrading stakeholders including quants, IT developers and traders as well as other control functions. The mandate includes model validation, control, and governance activities: model validation and periodic review; risk rating of models; model performance review; front-to-back model governance and controls. The objective is to ensure that models are used appropriately in the business context and that model users are aware of the models' strengths and limitations impacting their decisions.
Your experience and skills:
– a Master's or PhD degree in statistics, financial mathematics/engineering, mathematics, physics
– extensive previous experience in relevant Algo/eTrading models, from a development or model validation perspective
– experience in managing teams of quantitative analysts, preferably facing clients and peers in various geographical locations
– quantitative skills, ideally already leveraged in the context of an independent model validation activity
– experience of establishing and embedding an SR11-7 framework is a plus
– communicative and able to explain (technical) topics clearly and intuitively
– co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and the team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 151616BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Model Risk Management Algo / Electronic Trading Team Head
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk