UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value?
We're looking for someone like that to:
– join a successful Scrum development team built on mutual respect
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– collaborate to refine user requirements though Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– assist production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise Securities Operations Settlement & Clearing/Sub Ledger systems in Group Operations IT. The systems are used for supporting the trade lifecycle in the back office of our Investment Bank. Members of this team work closely with Global Securities Management, as well as operations team from all business areas and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. These systems are the basis of the next-generation securities management system.
You'll be a member of a Scrum team, applying Agile practices. You'll have Software Craftsmanship at the heart of what you do, striving for quality and efficiency through automation
Your experience and skills:
– strong experience with Java programing (ideally databases and Unix too)
– clean coding and refactoring skills with great problem solving ability
– experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– hands-on experience with Agile practices, like Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development (TDD)
– the desire to work as part of a global team
– the willingness to strive for continuous improvement
– a profound appreciation for testing
– the craving for learning and the disposition to share knowledge and collaborate
– imaginative and creative, ready to try new things
– able to work on and improve older code bases, as well as to apply modern best practices to new projects
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156890BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)