UBS Financial Services IB Special Assurance Programs-Controls Stress Testing in London, United Kingdom
Are you a control specialist with strong knowledge of IB front-to-back processes and controls? Do you enjoy applying your technical, subject matter expertise in new, innovative ways? Are you analytical and prepared to challenge the status quo?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
– develop and implement novel ways of testing the controls in place within UBS (\"controls stress testing\")
– perform ad-hoc \"deep dives\", potentially in response to an event or issue, often involving forensic analysis, likely to be on high profile projects and reviews with high visibility to senior management (Compliance & Operational Risk Control, Group Risk Control or the Business Divisions)
– partner with, and be able to influence senior stakeholders in the business and control functions to secure their support and to report back on findings
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Special Assurance Programs team based in London, as part of the wider CORC Assurance team with C&ORC Monitoring and Oversight, the largest function within Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC). This is a team of 2 whose primary role is to design and execute control stress tests across the UBS group, with a particular focus on IB front-to-back controls.
A further key element of the team mandate is to provide analytical capability to perform deep-dive reviews on ad-hoc issues and Operational Risk or Compliance themes as requested by senior management.
Your experience and skills:
– strong control focus along with experience in operational risk management and control
– broad experience in at least one other control discipline as an SME (e.g. CORC, Finance or Operations)
– preferably good knowledge of the trading environment within IB, including Equities and Fixed Income Products, along with the controls associated with the transaction lifecycles
– ability to innovate and challenge existing systems and processes
– ability to clearly articulate complex issues and concerns, verbally and in writing
ability to perform complex data analysis would be advantageous
– analytical, with the ability to provide practical solutions and use the relevant tools (Excel, Power point etc.)
– confident when working independently as well as in close collaboration with team members
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations) and able to demonstrate a track record of delivering to tight deadlines and managing senior stakeholders
Because of the unique nature of the role, we are aiming to attract strong candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, who are strong in these core competencies.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 152819BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IB Special Assurance Programs-Controls Stress Testing
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Compliance