UBS Financial Services IB Credit & Market Risk Ops - Governance and Data Framework in London, United Kingdom
Do you have an analytical mind, attention to detail and enjoy understanding how processes and data flows are governed and controlled? Do you have a good understanding of traded and derivative products? Can you investigate complex situations and drive improved process effectiveness and efficiencies working in collaboration with Credit and Market Risk SMEs?
We are looking for someone based in London or Nashville and who will:
– Gain a quick understanding of the IB Credit and Market Risk Ops teams responsibilities, remit, processes and controls to effectively manage the team's governance and data framework in collaboration with the team leads
– Assist with Data Steward activities :
• analyzing the provenance, lineage, quality and control standards of all data consumed and produced by IB credit and market risk control models and processes
• coordinate issue tracking and resolution with upstream data providers and the team leads
• operate the Data council for IB Credit and Market risk in conjunction with the team head and all risk control stakeholders to support the establishment of the Risk Data Governance framework
– Interface between internal and external Audit and team leads to coordinate investigations preparation and response, including reviewing materials, challenging issues, agreeing action wording/ deadlines
– Ensure all open audit and ORI points are on track for resolution by agreed deadlines and assist documenting closure packs, extensions requests and escalations to the team heads when required
– Provide cover for the Risk Control Operations (RCO) governance SME : coordinate the RCO quarterly ICAP reports, the monthly KPCs assessment and KPI metrics across RCO and preparing materials for key stakeholder forums and internal Quarterly RCO Governance call
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Risk Control Operations (RCO) owns the group-wide risk data control framework for P&EW, covering control framework principles such as accuracy, completeness, reasonableness, timeliness and consistency of delivery for Primary Risks (credit and traded / non-traded market risk) and facilitates the risk data governance process and act as data steward for risk-owned data.
You’ll be working in the IB Credit & Market Risk Ops team which focuses on the completeness and reasonableness of counterparty exposures, collateral and funding / liquidity requirements, and market risk core control processes and measures, based on multiple dimensions of aggregation.
Your experience and skills:
– Experience in Investment Banking, preferably within a Credit or Market Risk Control function or Audit.
– A University graduate, preferably with Business/Finance/ numerical background.
– Known for your ability to learn quickly and apply good judgment and a collaborative spirit
– Outgoing and personable, with the confidence to deal with varied groups of stakeholders and levels of seniority
– Highly organized, with the ability to balance numerous tasks and responsibilities within tight deadlines
Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel and MS Powerpoint
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153163BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IB Credit & Market Risk Ops - Governance and Data Framework
City: London, Nashville
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom, United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Risk