UBS Financial Services Front Office Software Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Job Reference #:
Are you a great collaborator? Do you have the integrity to stand by Agile principles whilst delivering sustainable solutions?
We're looking for an Agile developer like that who can:
• Collaborate to refine stakeholder requirements through Test Driven development
• Meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality Software
• Work with Business Analysts and product owners to analyse and convert complex business requirements into simple and maintainable technical solutions
• Cover all aspect of Software delivery from Design, implementation to automated acceptance testing and work with Global production support to release into production
• Drive quality of the system by delivering clean new code and constantly improving existing code through refactoring.
Front Office Software Engineer
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working as part of an Order Management Trade Capture team based in London. This team is one of a number globally, so collaboration is essential and is actively managed. We are responsible for systems supporting the creation structured products for the Global Equity Derivatives business, and your focus will be on these front office platforms.
There are three main applications in this area which are used on the trading floor in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team will be one of a number delivering change and third line support on one or more of these systems which create Securitised and OTC products and trades.
Technologies / tools used: Java 7/8, Micro-services, REST, JAX-RS, Elasticsearch, Hibernate, Spring, Guice, Cucumber / Fitness, Oracle, Git, SVN.
Your experience and skills:
• 3+ years of java programming experience
• Exposure to some of the following technologies a bonus C#, Hibernate, Spring, Hazelcast, or Kafka.
• Excellent communication skills in English
• A person who believes that software is a craft and is focused on delivering clean code
• Passionate about technology
• Able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
• Effective within the complexity, constraints, and boundaries of a leading global organization, operating in a highly regulated industry, running on bespoke software
• Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?