UBS Financial Services Front Office QA Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you rigorous in putting every application to test before users work with them? Do you have an eye for detail? Do you have a 'test to break' attitude? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Improve Agile testing practices as part of the development process
– Become a functional expert in his area, work collaboratively with the wider IT and business groups
– Perform hands on QA activities like functional requirements review, test design, execution and test environment management
– Monitor and analyse the quality of the software developed by Agile teams
– Present and explain test results to internal staff who are going to use them
– Oversee and/or run relevant training activities for future users
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working as part of an Order Management Trade Capture team based in London. This team is one of a number globally, so collaboration is essential and is actively managed. We are responsible for systems supporting the creation structured products for the Global Equity Derivatives business, and your focus will be on these front office platforms.
There are three main applications in this area which are used on the trading floor in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team will be one of a number delivering change and third line support on one or more of these systems which create Securitised and OTC products and trades.
Technologies / tools used: Java 7/8, Micro-services, REST, Cucumber / Fitness, Oracle, Unix, Git, SVN, TeamCity
Your experience and skills:
– Experience working with Agile teams implementing large scale projects
– Experience in collaborating with business users, coordinating User Acceptance Testing
– Financial domain knowledge, good understanding of financial markets would be an advantage
– Excellent knowledge of Testing methodology, with a focus on Agile Testing practices
– Experience in working with tools and practices specific to Behaviour Driven Development (specification by example, cucumber) would be an advantage
– Very good understanding of tests automation principles and proven experience in automating testing at a service level
– The ability to understand complex architectures
– Good understanding of Java, HTML, .Net technologies, REST, Unix, Oracle, CI Tools, Cucumber / Fitness / Jbehave
– Strong analytical skills to plan and execute test scenarios (you love doing this)
– The communication skills to work effectively with internal colleagues from development, business analysis and users
– Passionate about software quality
– A passionate technologist, proficient user of test frameworks and preferably autonomous in at least one programming language
– Interested in expanding your financial domain knowledge
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 154196BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Front Office QA Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)