UBS Financial Services ETD Order Management Java Developer in London, United Kingdom
ETD Order Management Java developer is responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing existing systems and evolving the platform. Interacting with Product Managers, QA teams and Production Service colleagues in order to understand requirements deliver solutions and help release to production, while engaging in quality reviews/improvements.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Work with Product Owner to understand requirements, design solutions and ensure quality, while ensuring system stability.
• Work within the Software Development Cycle to provide estimates, transparency on progress and strive for continuous improvement of software solutions and development process.
• Understand the long term architectural direction of the system and consider it when implementing solutions.
• Provide transparency on progress and raise concerns, risks and blockers.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Swiskey Execution Team is part of Cash Equities IT function and is part of Equities group within UBS, serving internal and external clients across all asset classes. Swiskey Execution is an Order Management system trading on global markets and focusing on listed derivatives
Your experience and skills:
• Strong Java Core knowledge, including strong multithreading expertise with 5+ years of experience
• Ability to analyse problems, derive and confirm requirements and seek feedback for solutions
• Good understanding of Java memory models and optimisation
• Good understanding of Oracle 10 or 11
• Experience working across multiple teams and functions to ensure alignment
• Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and standards, with a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• Knowledge of Listed Derivatives or broader Cash Equities
• Experience of managing projects that span change in multiple front-office systems and teams
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153794BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: ETD Order Management Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)