UBS Financial Services Benchmark Submission Controls Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Are you analytical and inquisitive and want to use data to actually make a difference? We are looking for someone to:
• Perform independent market and transaction based plausibility assessments of Enhanced Benchmark Submissions
• Produce trend analysis on Enhanced Benchmark Submissions and transactions.
• Produce Reset Risk sensitivity analytics and reporting, plus contribute to the development of Reset Risk governance.
• Contribute to the development of Benchmark Submission control methodologies impacted by regulatory change.
• Review latest industry trends and regulations around benchmark submissions
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Benchmark Submission Control (BSC) team and focuses on independent control and oversight. UBS is a panel bank and contributes to the daily submission of key Interest Rates Benchmarks such as LIBOR. BSC sits within the wider Compliance and Operational Risk Control Intelligence Capability team, monitoring, reviewing, and challenging Benchmark Interest Rate submission on a daily basis. The Benchmarks Submission Control (BSC) Team performs key second line of defence responsibilities to meet regulatory requirements. BSC performs independent plausibility checks of daily Benchmark Interest Rate submissions by utilizing key technologies combined with economic data, market news, and central bank policies. BSC is also responsible for monitoring regulatory developments and long term trends to identify conflicts of interest and potential manipulation risk. The Intelligence Capability identifies emerging risk areas and utilizes firm wide data in order to design and deploy new surveillance tools. With focus on data and analytics, the function develops sophisticated intelligence capabilities, combining existing MI, powerful technology tools and a clearly defined operating model, so that emerging risks can be identified by linking disparate information from across the bank.
Your experience and skills:
• proven data analysis skills using tools such as Excel, VBA and SQL
• Risk Management or Control related experience in Fixed Income Capital Markets or Treasury at a major financial institution or consulting company
• exposure to Benchmarks regulations and control oversight-this is a plus
• product experience essential across Money Markets and Interest Rate Derivatives
• University degree in finance or quantitative discipline
details orientated, your work looks and is great
happy dealing with ambiguity and demanding global stakeholders
iterative, always looking to improve
excited by new technologies- want to learn new skills and think about complex ideas
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 153605BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Benchmark Submission Controls Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Compliance